Do you have quite the stuffed animals collection? If you do then you’ll most definitely thank the day that you found yourself on this side of the internet as we’re dishing out some tips and tricks to properly managing your well-curated stash of cuddly wonders!
- Know each item like you do your child. – Collectible pieces are rare and pretty exclusive so they’re not bound to closely resemble any other toy you already have or previously heard of. This is why you should make it a point to research and discover all there is to it about them as this will play a huge part in their care and maintenance later on.
- Invest and pick a storage system. – There are many methods and options to choose from but perhaps the most popular among the bunch would be floating and open shelves as well as glass door cabinets. They allow for enough display and visual while keeping the stuffed toys out of harm’s way which brings us to our next tip.
- Keep them out of easy reach. – At least to children and pets. We all know that kids aren’t the most careful of beings and pets are no different. Collectible stuffed animals are not meant for play but more for display. Plus, they have quite the financial value that makes damages a serious headache. Putting them high up enough so as to prevent prying hands and paws away is necessary.
- Schedule regular cleaning. – You don’t necessarily have to wash them unless there’s obvious and deliberate need to do so. If there is barely any dirt, wiping and dusting off any impurities can be achieved with a soft brush and/or a slightly damp soft cloth. This is all the more needed for open storage displays.
- Keep an inventory. – This may sound a little bit too boring and too much of a desk job but it does have its merits. For one, you’ll keep track of what toys you already have in your stash. Second, it’ll be easier for you to look up if anything seems to be missing. Third, you can likewise store all the details and care instructions for each piece for future reference.
- Give them lots of love. – Collectible stuffed animals may be lifeless per se but they’re no ordinary things. A lot of them come with stories hidden and tucked away in every hem and button. Care and love is necessary so as to properly maintain and lengthen their lives.